The New Player Guide
As a new player here to The Playground you will have a few questions I am sure. I hope this guide will help you with some of those questions.
First in your pack you will have the following important Items:
1. New Player Guide
2. Travel Atlas
3. Bank Hive
4. Trash 4 tokens backpack
5. A skill ball - use before you train any other skills.
6. A Master Storage - use [loot to clean up corpses.
7. 1000 gold
8. New Player Travel Book with 6 charges.
Then if you open your bank you will find a Welcome To The Playground bag.
In that bag you have the following:
1. Ethy Mount Deed
2. Clothing Bless Deed x3
3. Recall Runes x5
4. Rune Book
5. New Player Armor Bag
6. Token Check
7. Bank Check
8. Plat coins
These things will get you started off right in The Playground.
Now you are in the new player room currently. There are several quests for you to do here and a new player dungeon to help you out. There are some quests that you will have to leave the new player room to do. I suggest you check out all the quests and make a list of what you will need to get from areas outside of this room. The New Player Travel Book allows you to return back to this room only 6 times. The New Player Travel Book will then blow up and delete itself from your pack and you will not be allowed to come back to this room or the quests and dungeons. Any secondary chars you create will not have this book nor will they have the welcome bag or the skill ball. So please make the best use possible of the 6 times you have to return to this room.
Below are a few rules, notes, a list of player commands, and a few other odds-n-ends that will help you on your journey through The Playground.
1. Our motto is "We are all about the player!" Our goal is to make The Playground all about the player so that each player has a great experience.
We have very friendly staff with years of experience under their belts. We will be happy to help you with anything you need.
Your admins are as follows:
a. Kitten ~owner~
2. If you wish to report bugs or glitches you may do so this on the forums or you may use the Bug Report Stone in the UOP Mall.
3. If you have a problem with the way something is ran or a choice made by staff please pm or page. We will be happy to talk with you about it. Yelling and whining in public chat will get you know where.
4. Paging should be specific. Please do not page with "Is there any staff on" or "I need help” Let us know what you need within the page so that we can do what we need to help you.
5. Reds can walk all maps but only pk or pvp in Fel. So don't worry if you see them running about, unless you are in Fel which is their playground and anything goes.
6. You can always email Kitten at Kittens.firstname.lastname@example.org or send her a message on the forums. She checks it every day and will be happy to help you or take your suggestions.
7. Voting is very important and is where most of our new players come from so please visit the vote house and take a min to vote and collect your vote deeds!! Free advertising ROCKS!!!
8. When you donate to The Playground you will be given Shadow Cash. It's one SC per every $5.00 US dollars. With the scrolls you will be able to go to the UOP Mall and choose from several items that you ONLY get by donating. Donations go towards the hosting of the server, the website upkeep, Ventrilo and internet costs.
Please visit our web site at www.uoplayground.weebly.com for other important information.
The first and foremost rule is to have fun and show respect for all players and staff and the shard itself. If you hold to this rule it is unlikely that you will infringe any of the rules listed below.
- One account per ip. If you need another account for a family member pm in forum or page to discuss it with staff. Having more than 1 account per person is forbidden.
- Disrespectful public comments in chat and in the forums will not be tolerated. Harassment, verbal abuse, arguing, cussing, sexual comments/innuendo and tantrums are examples of being disrespectful.
- If you are experiencing disrespectful behavior from another player and cannot reach a truce then report the incident to staff who will then assist in finding a resolution.
- Staff are not to provide information, favors or advantages to any player or groups of players e.g. spawn times and locations. Other players may do so if they choose.
- Page staff in Help menu if you are having a problem, find bugs, etc. Using public chat to report a problem is your worst option. Staff will not respond to a call for them in public chat.
- At spawn locations be respectful. Wait your turn, wait to be invited and/or ask to join in, be prepared to share and act with generosity. Camping out spots for your own benefit is frowned upon.
- Leaving pets unattended will result in them being shrunk and returned for a token or gold fee depending on the reason. They will be moved to the training area and you must page for their return. To Many Times And Pets Are Shrunk And Kept For Deco
- Raising skills while afk is permitted, care should be taken when playing afk. If it starts to disadvantage other players afk checks will be performed and players may be warned or penalized.
- If involved in pvp/pk activities show consideration for newly rezzed players who may still be getting gear on and healed up.
If the rules are broken (this of course depends on severity of the situation):
1st time: Receive a warning.
2nd time: Ban/jail at discretion of staff member
3rd time: Permanent ban
Any derogatory or racial slurs is a warning then a permanent ban this includes Staff and Players and is non-negotiable this includes alternate lifestyles, race, religion, etcetera... If you are unsure about slurs ask staff about this.
These rules are subject to change and will be updated as needed.
That should be a fairly complete list of player commands.
Thank you for taking the time to read this book. I know it’s long but it will be very helpful to you in the long run. This book also comes in Spanish, German, and Italian. If other languages are needed please let staff members know and we will do our best to help.
Enjoy The Playground!!
UOP Staffing Team